1 pound skinned and boned chicken breasts, cut into large cubes
1 1/2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh ginger
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
4 green onions, thinly sliced
3 1/2 tablespoons Asian fish sauce
1 teaspoon grated lime rind
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1 small jalapeño pepper, minced
2 teaspoons sesame oil
3/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
1/2 cup dry-roasted unsalted peanuts, coarsely chopped
1 small green cabbage, cut into wedges
Toppings: baby carrot slices, cucumber slices, radish slices
- Process chicken in a food processor until the consistency of ground beef.
- Cook chicken in a lightly greased large skillet over medium-high heat 10 minutes or until done, stirring often. Drain and place in a large bowl.
- Cut sliced ginger into thin strips.
- Stir ginger and next 8 ingredients into chicken. Cover and chill 15 to 30 minutes or until ready to serve, stirring in peanuts during last 5 minutes.
- Spoon chicken salad onto individual cabbage wedge leaves. Serve with desired toppings.