There’s been a lot going on around here. So not to bore you let me give you the lowdown:
1. My two year just changed daycares. At first he was at a home preschool but the owner decided to close it and now he’s at a Christian Preschool. I like it so far but this is just day 2 so I’m still trying to get him used to the school. The one thing I HATE is that the kids have to wear uniforms! No more of me dressing him up like a “big boy” but I’m going to swallow a “Big Girl” Mommy pill and deal with it as long as my child is learning and they’re nice to him.
2. I’ve been juicing for the last two weeks and I got on the scale and I’m down ANOTHER 2 pounds. I am PROUDLY at 196 down from 205 (yes I gained back some weight). WHile I COULD juice for another month, I think that I’m going to start incorporating foods in my diet October 1st. It’s important that I see how things are in the “real world” so while I’ll be eating again I’ll only eat Paleo style cooking! I’ll keep you focused.
3. I haven’t signed up for any more races. I know, I’m slacking but the truth is that I am super bored with running. I want to run a marathon but I am not mentally in a place to even get down like that. However, since it is Fall I think I’m going to sign up for some 10ks (or 5ks) and maybe run another half marathon in January.. I’ll keep you focused.
4. My oldest son is starting to ask for a regular allowance. He says he “needs money in his pocket” so that he doesn’t have to ask us for everything! We negotiated (yes, we actually did) for $10 a week if he can keep his room, bathroom and the kitchen clean. WHile I’m hesitant to let the “ropes” go– he deserves it!
5. If you’ve been following me on Instagram (BossyGirl1980), then you know my son made the Middle School Soccer Team and guess what?!? They won their first game on Friday! He was soo proud!!
6. MY daughter has been refusing to wear a dress to school. I personally think that because she has brothers that she wants to only wear pants. So yesterday I made her wear a dress and you would of thought I had just beat her! She finally realized I wasn’t budging and she survived. LAWD! Pray that she’ll start to now wear them more!
7. I’m still pounding away at The Educator’s Room–We actually just got some more writers so go over there and refer three friends! In addition, I am working on a redo of this blog with a new design, some more writers and just some fun things! LEt me know in the comment box what you want to see me change (or keep the same). I really want to keep this space sacred with just LIFE and what makes me JUST like YOU.
8. With that me and the HUBS decided we were in DESPERATE need of a date night. Our former babysitter graduated Graduate School and moved to Florida so we’re going to try out a new one this weekend! Keep your fingers crossed!
9. My mom is having back surgery so I’m going to take a few days off and take care of her in Florida. It’s so hard when a parent is in constant pain–hopefully this will make her MUCH more comfortable!
10. My job is going. I love the kids so that’s why I stay but AGAIN I was passed over for a promotion. I’m not angry but this just lets me know that I Have to stop working for someone else! I’m my own boss!
Now that’s all in the life of BossyGirl…what’s been happening in your life?