I’m so tired of talking about losing weight that for the past couple of months I stopped talking about it. I exercised occasionally but I was not longer motivated to do anything about it to lose the last 40-50 pounds. I felt discouraged, upset and even frustrated that I had so easily given up on being my ideal size. Well back in August I had an epiphany. I literally thought to myself, “shut the eff up wanting and just to do it!” So I decided to come up with a plan. I didn’t need to exercise more ( I run 3 times a week and workout a lot around the house) but I needed to find out a way to stop putting everything in my mouth. Since starving myself wasn’t an option I decided to do what I said I was going to do a long time ago– start juicing. I was motivated again by the documentary, “Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead” that I needed to reboot my body–shock it with a 21 day fast on juices.
If you need a refresher on what exactly is a “reboot” watch this clip from the documentary, “Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead”.
So I called a friend of mine who had a juicer and I decided to jump in “feet first”. I went to my beloved Dekalb Farmer’s Market and ever since Friday of last week I’ve been a Juicing Queen. So far it’s been an interesting experience because I’m just amazed that from the vegetables and fruits I love can be juices I love even more! I’ve even tried new vegetables like chard and kale and made crazy combinations like sweet potatoes, green apples, chard and ginger (which by the way is fabulous)! So before I go into detail let me give you the good, bad and poopy of this body experience:
- This is cheap. Granted I got the juicer for free but I bought a HUGE basket full of fruits and veggies for under $100 !
- I feel energized–it’s almost like a took a wake up pill or something.
- I feel thinner but only in my belly.
- I’ve lost 2.5 pounds already.
- Just tonight I was craving a burger but instead I ate some carrots and grapes.
- At work I can’t juice so I buy those Naked 100% natural juices and a ton of water and drink away.
- My mouth constantly has to be chewing so gum has become my new best friend!
- I constantly dream about my favorite restaurant, Pappadeaux..
- I always have gas (I know it’s TMI but I’ll still tell you guys).