As a mom, sometimes I occasionally forget that I’m glamorous. Then I’m given the chance to dress up and be sexy and all of my glamorousness comes back to me. This past weekend I went to an event that honored me as Teacher of the Year and I needed to get glamorous so I followed these five tips:
1. Find a dress that’s not only fabulous but shows off your curves. When you’re going to any event, you have to find an outfit that makes you feel sexy but also accentuates your curves. Sometimes it may take a while to find something, but when you do it feels right. With my skin being a creamy brown color, I try to pick clothing that has color that will compliment that. For my big night out, I wore a cobalt blue dress that drew (good) attention to me as I graced the stage.
2. Make sure your makeup is flawless. I’m not a person that has to wear makeup everywhere I go; however, when I wear it, I need for it to make a statement. That night I was sent some COVERGIRL® Clump Crusher Mascara
and I was intrigued simply with the packaging and its bold green color. The brush design was lash-hugging with a straight bristle that addressed every single lash! Once using I noticed that I had loads of volume, NO CLUMPS, my eyelashes were separated, and more importantly I felt like I just got my eyelashes professionally done. This is because COVERGIRL Clump Crusher Mascara gives you 200% more volume than previous COVERGIRL LashBlast Mascaras and leaves zero clumps, even after 30 strokes.
3. I gave myself a manicure with a color that was sure to get me many compliments . Since I didn’t have time to get my nails done professionally I used COVERGIRL® Outlast Stay Brilliant Nail Gloss
that I had JUST gotten in the mail. I was intrigued because the bottle says that you do not need a base or top coat and that the color would stay for up to 7 days! This 3-in-1 bottle also guarantees a shine that will basically blind you! However, probably the most AWESOME thing about these colors is that you can mix them to come up with custom colors! I literally melted! For my special night I chose a pastel color and everyone complimented my manicure.
4. Find a hairstyle that will give your attitude life. I usually wear my hair in a ponytail, but for my special night I got my hair straightened with soft curls and I felt like I was about to walk the runway.
5. Have an unstoppable attitude. While tips 1-4 are important, if your attitude is not glamorous then nothing will work. So once I had everything in order I looked in the mirror and said, “BossyGirl you are one sexy mama!”
Now, just like my many reviews, we are going to do a giveaway! Look below for the rules to see how you can win a $100 Visa gift card sponsored by COVERGIRL!
What makes YOU feel ‘red carpet ready’ and what are YOUR go-to tricks?
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
a) Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post.
b) Tweet (public message) about this promotion, including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: #SweepstakesEntry and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post.
c) Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post.
d) For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. You have 72 hours to respond, otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 12/4 – 12/31.
Be sure to visit the COVERGIRL brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ reviews and find more chances to win!