I haven’t spoken about my natural hair in a LONG time here on the blog. Of course I still wear my hair au natural;however, I got bored with talking about it. So true to my nature, I simply would wash and condition it, apply some leave in conditioner and pull it up into an afro puff. Going into the new year I’m going to be more active in getting my hair to grow even more. As it stands my hair is past my neck bone. It’s thick and healthy but I want to try and grow my hair even longer- maybe to my breasts.
So I’ve decided to ‘step up’ my hair maintenance with a challenge of bit. Before I go into what I’m going to do let me give you the products I’m using.
- Take daily vitamins that stimulate hair growth. I personally use the grocery store brand of Vitamin E.
- Use an coconut oil as necessary to oil my scalp.
- Deep condition my hair weekly using all of the products below. ( I mix the conditioner, about 2 tablespoons of JBCO and 1 capful of aloe vera juice.) Sometimes I sit under the dryer to soak the products in OR sleep in my conditioner overnight.
- After I’ve deep conditioned, I always make sure to seal my hair by applying a leave- in conditioner, oil and then a cream. That seals in the moisture.
- Use my daily moisturizing spray to keep my curls moisturized.
- Only straighten my hair as needed. I NEVER straighten my hair except for certain occasions. I just either wear it in a curly do or an afro puff or a bun.
Now here goes! Anyone in for the challenge?